Monday, February 7, 2011

Simple dinner

One of my favorite meals, and the easiest, is a turkey burger.  Since I have started Weight Watchers (WW), I have not had a big ol' hamburger.  These turkey burgers seem to fill the need for now. 

I buy the Jennie O turkey burgers.  They seem to be the cheapest (about 8 bucks for a bag of 10 or 12) and they are pre-pattied.  I find these in the store in the freezer door section between shrimp and fish and the butcher section. 

I make mine on the George Foreman grill which cooks on both sides and takes about 4 minutes.  I sprinkle garlic seasoning to add some flavor. 

I've just switched on buns and this is a real steal!!  Same number of points for buns but more filling!
If you are a WW fan, you will see that these are a power food and only two points!!  Yum.


I usually add a little fat free mayo which, in moderation, has no points.  And there you go, 4 minutes late and you have a flavorful, easy 6 point main course! (The turkey burger is 4 + bun = 6)
Tonight, I added a baked potato for 3 points.  I always weigh my potatoes to make sure I'm exact on my points calculations.  I use spray butter which is zero points and makes the potato taste wonderful!!

And there you go.  A simple dinner that takes under 6 minutes to make and is only 9 points!  Woot woot!

Now off to bed early.  Not sure why I was so exhausted today but I spent most of the day in a daze!  Happy eating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment