Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend wrap up (a little later)

And here is what I had originally planned for my weekend wrap up.  

It's a little later than planned but with good reason.

Now to get on with it....

Two fun meals.  
Chicken and noddles chicken helper.  Yummy and only 7 points for a cup and a LOT of flavor. Doesn't get much better than that!!
Until you see this next meal...

Gorton's Shrimp Scampi
Ok so a box of this is about 10 bucks.  Now it's on sale a lot so that's positive.  Also Gorton's will send you GOOD coupons if you sign up for their e-mails.  And there are 3 servings per box.  So enough about the cost. 

One serving is 6 shrimp and they take about 5 or 6 minutes to make on the stove.  The sauce is on the shrimp and is absolutely wonderful.  For 6 shrimp plus sauce, it is only 3 points or 120 calories as the box says.  I make a cup of brown rice for 4 points and mix it all up.  And Oh. My. Goodness, is it good!?!?!  Do yourself a favor and buy this shrimp.  It is absolutely fabulous.  Often you can get it for about 5-6 dollars a box.  Yum yum yum.
One other fun thing I bought at the grocery this week was this cute little bag of apples.


I was already planning on buying some Jazz apples if they were still on sale and the bag sold me for sure!!  Check these apples out if you've never had them.  Also, Pink Lady apples are the way to go as well!!  Both have been $1 per pound which is a great deal on apples.

Other news is that I'm still thrilled about the engagement!!  Can't wait to spend my life with that man!!

No comments:

Post a Comment