Sunday, March 13, 2011

bling bling bling

My left ring finger has a lot of extra sparkle to it.  :)  Nathan and I are engaged!!  I am oh so excited.  I also had this long weekend wrap up post planned, pictures ready and everything but this bling trumps that post!!


Nathan and I had a good day Saturday.  We worked out that morning and watched UK win.  I took Nathan to Yamamoto which is one of his favorite restaurants.  We were watching old Grey's Anatomy episodes.  And here's where it happened. 

Nathan has this powerband bracelet thing that helps with your joints but it was bugging me last night.  So I asked (maybe told) him to take it off.  He went to take it off but then sets something on my leg.  I immediately knew what it was but I started FREAKING out!!  

He asked me to marry him and then asked if he could turn the lights on.  I did not answer the first question but told him not to turn the lights on.  I'm a slow processor sometimes.  Luckily, Nathan takes me in stride.  

Here is our after picture once I finally said yes and allowed him to turn the lights.  Please forgive my tired and makeup free face.  I was ready to go to bed!!

We are super excited and I am still a bit shocked.  I'm ready to start planning which I know will be a fun and stressful process.  I'm going to try to not obsess and stress about every detail, but I'm not sure that is possible.  

Thanks to everyone who has given us well wishes.  I am feeling so loved and am excited to start this new chapter of our lives.  


I shoulda known that love was in the air when I woke up to this on my window Friday morning.

1 comment: